Recent MBA, I am a solutions-oriented problem solver. I see the big picture and understand how individual parts fit together. I am innovative and a creative thinker. I am entrepreneurial and an experimenter. I have a proven history of operational problem solving, full-stack development, and user experience design. I strive to be a dynamic, team-oriented leader.
May 2016 — Present
Interactive Web Development Specialist
The College Marketing department partners with organizations across campus to tell Babson's story. As a developer within the organization, I work with numerous stakeholders to produce digital assets in an agile environment as an individual contributor, technical advisor, and system architect.
- Developed, designed, and maintained all or portions of 10 websites supporting the College
- Implemented content management system (CMS) for 3600+ page website as part of a collaborative team
- Integrated various 3rd party services to facilitate form/data processing, e-mail automation, quality assurance, and accessibility testing
Jan 2003 — Dec 2016
webPSYtes (pronounced "websites") was a templated website service I built in 2003, originally as a PHP application, and rebuilt in 2013 using Ruby on Rails. webPSYtes allowed a user to create an account, choose a domain name and design, and pay by credit card. webPSYtes users could log in, edit their content, and change designs, whenever they needed.
- Conceived and built complete system, integrated with APIs to reserve domain names, process payment, and automate deployment
- Conducted usability testing with clients, actively responded to client support requests
- Hosted on, and extensively made use of, Amazon Web Services
Jan 2013 — Jan 2015
Front End Engineer
SessionM offered a loyalty and engagement platform geared towards mobile application developers. App developers integrated with SessionM's SDK to offer their users rewards in the form of points. In order to claim their points, users watched advertising, completed surveys, or engaged in other activities.
- Developed and maintained features for a complex application using Ruby on Rails
- Fast-paced, lean, agile development team required full stack knowledge
- Mobile application development required knowledge of different operating systems (iOS, Android) and device versions
- Improved CSS efficiency by reducing duplicate code and utilizing SASS to combine common elements
- Wrote installation script to automate setup of developer systems
Freelance Internet Development
Jan 2009 — Dec 2012
Over time, I've had the opportunity to work on multiple types of projects for many different clients both on my own and with digital agencies. This valuable experience has made me an effective communicator with clients and end-users, an efficient manager of time and budget, and exposed me to all aspects of internet development — from initial conception, through development, and post-launch support.
- Managed clients — reviewed business needs with clients, set timetables, managed expectations, followed up to ensure successful launch and client satisfaction
- Managed additional resources — determined project scope, brought on additional developers as needed, managed production of third-party resources
- Full stack development — responsibilities included graphic design & production, user experience design & development, business logic programming, database architecture, hosting, and administration
Oct 2003 — Dec 2008
IntraLinks is a leading SaaS provider of enterprise collaboration software and virtual data rooms. During my time there I was promoted to Lead User Interface (UI) Developer, providing me with valuable managerial experience. Later, I worked as a Senior User Experience (UX) Designer, providing me with the opportunity to work closely with international clients.
Lead User Interface Developer
- Promoted to Lead User Interface Developer, additional responsibilities included requirements analysis, resource planning, and career development
- Directed client-side development of UI for Web 2.0 / AJAX enabled application
- Worked with design team and business analysts to create new features
Senior User Experience Designer
- Designed new funcitonality and feature updates for core and peripheral applications
- Worked closely with clients to understand business needs, often resulting in new capabilities and stand-alone applications to compliment the IntraLinks core service
- Produced development specifications for engineering team
Apr 2000 — Jul 2001
Xchange was a customer relationship management company. They offered desktop software to help identify the most efficient recipients for targeted marketing campaigns. I was brought in to develop a thin-client web-based application — without losing functionality.
- Authored dynamic content driven pages using XML and XSLT
- Produced graphics using Adobe Photoshop
Jan 1998 — Jun 1999
TVisions was an interactive agency. They have moved, been renamed, and been acquired in the years since I worked with them. The opportunity to work there early in my career provided me with a great foundation in terms of learning technical skills, appreciating and adhering to sophisticated design, and satisfying high profile clients such as Fidelity and Staples.
- Collaborated with graphic designers to ensure integrity of designs
- Worked closely with clients, including on-site and off-hours, to ensure sites were developed and launched successfully
Master of Business Administration 2019
Babson College (eligible for Latin honors, May 2020)
Bachelor of Arts in Communication and Psychology 1996
The State University of New York at Buffalo